Kampfgruppe Headquarters Edit
The Kampfgruppe Headquarters serves as the Ostheer's starting base structure and serves three important roles:
1) It produces Pioneers to begin construction of the rest of the Ostheer base;
2) Produces MG42 teams that can be used for are denial and general suppression of enemy infantry;
3) Allows for the Ostheer player to upgrade through the use of battle phases, which are needed to progress into the mid and late game.
Unit Construction Edit
- Pioneers: Pioneers are a four-man unit, responsible for building every German building. They are armed with MP-40s which are reasonably effective at close range. The unit can be upgraded with the Flammenwerfer 35 to improve anti-infantry capabilities or the Hazard Removal Tools for mine detection and the ability to cut barbed wire. The unit unlocks the first aid ability at veterancy level 1.
- MG42 Heavy Machine Gun Team: The MG42 is a four-man squad, operating an MG42 heavy machine gun. The MG42 is used to suppress and pin enemy infantry. Compared to the Russian Maxim machine gun, the gun has a wider firing arc but the squads take more time to pack up, move and deploy the weapons system. The Armor-Piercing Burst ability is unlocked at veterancy 1 and gives the gun punching power against light vehicles, increasing versatility.
- Reinforce Squad: Allows the unit to reinforce nearby infantry units, however, the cost of reinforcement caries depending on the unit type.
Global Upgrades Edit
- Battle Phase 1: Allows the Ostheer player to construct the Leichte Mechanized Kompanie and unlocks several essential infantry upgrades. It costs 100 manpower,40 fuel and takes ? seconds to complete.
- Battle Phase 2: Allows the Ostheer player to construct the Support Armor Korps. This upgrade requires the previous Battle Phase to upgrade and unlocks the medium tanks and vehicles for the player. It costs 200 manpower, 90 fuel and takes ? seconds to complete.
- Battle Phase 3: Allows the Ostheer player to construct the Heavy Panzer Korps. This upgrade requires the previous Battle Phase to upgrade and unlocks heavy tanks and vehicles for the player. It costs 100 manpower, 25 fuel and takes ? seconds to complete.