Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions.
Administrator abilities[edit source]
These additional functions are:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki. However, he or she is not currently able to remove admin access from any user; please contact one of the community staff if you need that done.
Some Wikia staff members have full access to all Wikia. They will be shown in Special:Listusers/staff on any wiki. Wikia janitors have limited administrator access to all Wikia for cleanup purposes. These users will be shown on Special:Listusers/janitor on any Wikia. Please see the Central Wikia contact page for details on how to contact Wikia staff.
Who are this wiki's administrators?[edit source]
The "founder" of a wiki, the person who first requested it, is given administrator access automatically. Founders are also given bureaucrat access so they can make any other user on their wiki an administrator or bureaucrat. For a complete list of users with administrator access, see Special:Listusers/sysop.
Below are links to their pages:
- Attack Rhino Semi-active
- Bachinchi Inactive (as of October 2nd, 2011)
- DesertDust Active
- Headrock Inactive (as of August 20th, 2012)
- Nukedz Inactive (as of February 13th, 2011)
- Son of the Witch-King Inactive (as of June 20th, 2010)
- Unpronounceable Inactive (as of August 5th, 2010)
How do I use administrator powers?[edit source]
See the administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
Becoming an administrator[edit source]
If you want to become an administrator, someone with bureaucrat access must make you one. The current way is to simply ask a bureaucrat directly on his or her talk page.
What can administrators not do?[edit source]
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.